The North East HeARTS Award is the first community-initiated effort to empower persons with disabilities by providing opportunities for creative expression and personal development through the visual arts. It not only celebrates artistic achievements but also serves as a crucial step in making art education more accessible. It ensures that persons with disabilities, particularly those facing financial constraints, can continue to progress and thrive through arts.
In its inaugural year, the North East HeARTS Award is projected to impact 60 beneficiaries. Each recipient will be awarded a quantum amount ranging from $2,000 to $5,000, providing them with the necessary resources to continue their artistic journey.
It comprises of two categories:
- A Participant of Shaping Hearts OR residing in the North East district.
- A Singaporean or Permanent Resident (must have at least 1 Singaporean family member in the household)
- Certified to have a permanent disability. Applicant must submit their application before 31 December. All Applicants will receive the letter of outcome, and successful applicants will receive the grant before April of the following year.
To apply, you can:
Complete the online form and upload relevant supporting documents. You may submit additional documents to Northeast_CDC@pa.gov.sg
If you have any further queries, you may email us at Northeast_CDC@pa.gov.sg
- Awarding of the grant will be determined by the assessment panel and all decisions made by the panel will be considered final.
- Each successful applicant is only allowed to apply for the Shining HeARTS Award once in their lifetime.